Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A meaningful life

Sometimes I feel I am living a rather small life… significant no doubt, but small. I would like to live more, be more, reach out to more people and nurture more the existing relationships. My personal and professional relationships are, no doubt, meaningful to me, but at the same time, I would like to do more.

When I try to think what could add more meaning to my life, I can think of the following:

Begin a new hobby
Learn a new language
Travel more
Spend more time with people, who matter
Dance
Write more
Do something creative
Meet more people
Make more friends
Nurture existing relationships
Watch plays
Exercise more
Eat healthy
Engage in conversations that would make me think
Earn enough so that I can do all these

It seems we all run after some goal of the other, thinking, “XYZ will surely make me happy….” But what about being happy in the present… in the here and now? So what is really stopping me to do all these things anyways? What am I waiting for?

At the same time, I AM grateful for all that I have been given in life. I have been most times of my life… for the friends I have had and for all the experiences of love (be it any and every relationship).

Gratitude is what I feel as currently as I write. I accept all I have been given, the good, the bad and the ugly. I accept and I move on. At the same time, I know I shall consciously and unconsciously work towards making life more meaningful, not only for me but for the people who surround me as well. A romantic thought? I do not know. And I am not bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment